Codonics® Safe Label System® SLS 550i
Safe, Compliant, Fast Medication Labeling Anywhere Syringes Are Prepared
Codonics® Safe Label System® SLS 550i, honored for its innovation, is a complete solution to enhance healthcare by improving patient safety and labeling compliance in the operating room (OR) or anywhere syringes are prepared.
Note: some information refers to US regulations and guidelines
- Helps reduce the three most common drug errors made in the OR during the course of medication preparation and administration.
- Improves the workflow and provides clinicians with a series of electronic medication safety checks.
- Includes a 2D barcode on labels enabling electronic documentation of the medication in the patient's electronic health or anesthesia record.
- Prints labels for IV lines, invasive monitor lines, and other OR needs on demand.
- Includes an integrated Administration Tool that enables a hospital pharmacy's formulary to incorporate TJC and ASA labeling requirements, allowing it to be instantly available for verifying and labeling medications at each SLS.
- When networked, the SLS can receive formulary and configuration packages sent from the Administration Tool as well as provide status feedback to specified users via the Administration Tool and email.
Improve Patient Safety
Multiple distractions, poor handwriting and look-alike/sound-alike drugs greatly contribute to the chance that drug containers could be confused or the wrong label is applied on a syringe.
- Complies with the APSF recommendation that every anesthetizing location should have a mechanism to identify medications before drawing them up (barcode reader).
- Includes visual and audible confirmations for each drug to help remove human error by incorporating machine-readable technology acting as an electronic double-check.
Log in to add a product to your quote request. To place an order, contact the customer service.