CitraFlow™ Sodium Citrate 4%
Ready to use sodium citrate 4% pre-filled syringes - The Natural Way to Lock Catheters
Sterile Field Compatible - Convenient peel pouch format. New 3 ml fill volume to enhance best clinical practice.
Recent clinical studies have shown that the use of sodium citrate (4%) USP to lock indwelling catheters in hemodialysis patients may have significant advantages:
- Avoids risk of systemic heparinization.
- Local anticoagulation prevents exacerbation of active bleeding.
- Safe in patients with suspected or confirmed Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT).
- Potentially lower rt-PA (Alteplase) utilization rate and cost.
- Improved INR reliability (international normalized ratio).
- 30 month expiry dating